Posted by Reporter on Saturday
SoftSheen-Carson Roots of Nature haircare line and Walmart will help you look great for less this winter. Cold winter air and harsh indoor heat can be extremely damaging to your hair, but with healthy style tips from SoftSheen-Carson’s Artistic Style Director, Johnny Wright, and a special price discount on Roots of Nature in select Walmart stores across the country, you can achieve strong beautiful hair for less.
Now through February 4, 2010, Walmart will offer all SoftSheen-Carson Roots of Nature products at a discounted price.
Johnny Wright’s preventative steps to ward off winter dryness and promote strong growing hair include:
- Add An Extra Dose of Moisture: Your hair will benefit from an extra surge of nourishment in the winter months. Keeping your hair and scalp well conditioned will ensure that your hair stays healthy strong and protected from the cold.
- For dry scalp: If your scalp is dry or feels tight, use a lightweight scalp oil to moisturize and soothe, without weighing the hair down. Wright recommends SoftSheen-Carson Roots of Nature Stimulating Scalp Oil, which uses natural shea butter and green tea to improve scalp condition and promote microcirculation.
- For dry hair: Boost hair’s resistance to breakage and split ends by restoring moisture balance using a hair moisturizer. Massage SoftSheen-Carson Roots of Nature Strengthening Oil Moisturizer into hair and scalp for healthy-looking shine.
- Protect Your Hair: Wear scarves or hats to protect your hair from cold temperatures and wind. Stay away from rough wool hats, which can lead to breakage, and stick with soft, smooth fabrics like silk and soft cottons.
- Beautiful Hair Starts in the Shower: Deep conditioning your hair weekly will not only keep your hair looking and feeling healthy, it will also help to keep your hair protected from the elements. Use a deep conditioner, like SoftSheen-Carson Roots Of Nature Reconstructing Deep Treatment, once a week. The treatment visibly fortifies weak, brittle hair and replenishes hair and scalp with rich essential oils. You can use it in the shower, or for a more intense treatment, place a plastic cap over your hair and sit under a warm dryer for 15 minutes then rinse.
- Don’t Over Style: Keep your use of hot styling tools to a minimum. Blow drying and flat ironing can dry out and damage your hair. If you need to use heat, always use a thermal heat protector on your hair before blow-drying or flat ironing and never turn the dial past 400 degrees.
Get healthy and great looking hair with SoftSheen-Carson Roots of Nature. There is no need to spend a great deal of money and time on your hair for it to look and feel good this winter. Roots of Nature combats severe damage the natural way and will give your hair the boost and shine it so deserves - all at an affordable price.
All SoftSheen-Carson Roots of Nature products are enhanced with a lush combination of natural green tea and shea butter. This unique combination helps to stimulate hair growth while simultaneously moisturizing and nourishing the hair. For more information, please visit softsheen-carson.com.
Go to source
Posted by Reporter on
Caffeine is known for its ability to wake up your mind, but it can also wake up your skin when combined with Capsaicin, the active ingredient in hot peppers. Capsaicin has been proven as an important natural medicine that relieves pain, inflammation, headaches and more, but now there’s a new buzz surrounding the anti-aging properties of this spicy botanical extract. While large doses of capsaicin are proven to fight pain and inflammation, it turns out that small doses can be used to repair skin when combined with caffeine, and there’s no burning sensation. Greensations brand skin sprays have developed an exclusive formulation that combines natural capsaicin and caffeine to increase topical blood flow while reducing inflammation and repairing skin cell damage.
The new Greensations caffeinated capsaicin skin sprays are creating a big buzz in beauty circles on the web. A recent review on the highly acclaimed Truth In Aging website calls Greensations brand ThermaSkin, the potential “Holy Grail” for skin relief. Not only do Greensations skin sprays stop any irritation or itch almost instantly, but they also tone the skin and revitalize elasticity according to reviews.
“We’ve patented a way to deliver the healing power of hot peppers through the skin without burning. We do this by using an exclusive combination of caffeine, alpha lipoic acid, vegetable glycerin and other herbals to increase permeability and overall absorption, allowing the capsaicin to have an easy pathway through the skin. Unlike anti aging products that require long term use to see results, our skin sprays produce results immediately and we guarantee it,” says Niles Porter, Director of Sales for Greensations.
The skin care secret to capsaicin is its ability to increase epidermal blood flow and desensitize nerve fibers that cause irritation and inflammation on the skin. The increased blood flow flushes out harmful chemicals to soften and tone skin at the same time. The addition of caffeine creates a supercharged absorption that infuses the skin on contact. According to GSC Products, makers of Greensations, the combination of caffeine and capsaicin wakes up the skin and scalp.
“It’s the combination of caffeine and capsaicin that makes the big difference. The caffeine creates super absorption through the epidermis to allow tiny doses of capsaicin to do their thing. Users immediately feel a tingling sensation and you can feel your skin come alive in seconds. Circulation is the key to healing, and the combination of caffeine and capsaicin immediately increases blood flow and gets everything moving. That’s why you see results so fast,” says Wayne Perry, Developer of the Greensations formulas.
While capsaicin revitalizes skin on its own, the caffeine in the Greensations formulas is equally import for protecting skin and repairing UV damage, the enemy of aging skin. While ingesting too much caffeine is not good for skin, topical application of caffeine protects and repairs damaged skin. While human skin generally absorbs less than 25% of the best topical skin care ingredients, caffeine has been proven to be absorbed up to 50%. Recent studies show caffeine can reverse damage from UV exposure by killing skin cancer cells.
“Caffeine affects the skin in many of the same ways as capsaicin. Together they’re a true breakthrough in skin care, but the caffeine is also our delivery system to bring the capsaicin and other botanicals through the layers of skin. We truly have the Holy Grail for skin care here and we’re the first to do it. Best of all, we don’t gouge people like expensive anti-aging products that don’t work as well as caffeinated capsaicin. Why should only rich people look good? By keeping our products under 15 bucks, anyone can afford them,” adds Perry.
Greensations presently sells three caffeinated capsaicin skin sprays under the brand names ThermaSkin, ThermaScalp and ThermaFeet. The company is also launching the world’s first skin repair stick under the ThermaSkin brand in January. The ThermaSkin Skin Repair Stick delivers capsaicin directly to wrinkles in a solid formulation made of beeswax, olive oil, grapeseed oil and arnica. The thin stick is applied like any lip balm, but it’s used directly on wrinkles, crow’s feet, lines, bags and damaged skin. For more information, visit the Greensations capsaicin skin care website or look for Greensations products in select retailers, and on the web at Lucky Vitamin and Harvest Moon.
Go to source